Reality of Seeing Well
The Hazards of not wearing your glasses
The Captain of the Costa Concordia wasn't
wearing his glasses, testified Ciro Ambrosio,
the first officer of the ship, in Captain Francesco
Schettino's pre-trial hearing. Schettino is
facing multiple charges, including 32 counts
of manslaughter for the 32 lives lost in the
shipwreck. Ambrosio's lawyer told Reuters
news agency that the captain “had left his
glasses in his cabin and repeatedly asked
Ciro Ambrosio to look at the radar to check the
Interesting Eye Facts:
- Sailors once thought wearing a gold earring would improve their eyesight
- 80% of what we think comes through our eyes, 80% of memories are made by what we see
- The human eye can distinguish 500 shades of grey colour!
- It is impossible to sneeze without closing your eyes
- Your eyes begin to develop 2 weeks after conception
- The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the entire body
- Your eyes blink over 10,000,000 times a year!
- Eyes are composed of more than two million working parts
- Each of our eyelashes has a life span of approximately 5 months
- Eyes are your most precious sense...care for them properly!